Ampt Privacy Notice
Ampt LLC and its subsidiaries (referred to “Ampt” or “we”) respect your right to data privacy. This notice describes the information we collect, how we use it, how it is processed and secured, and the rights you have regarding your personal data. For applicable data protection law, the primary controller of your data is the Ampt subsidiary company which is providing services or communicating to you. Other subsidiary companies of Ampt may also receive and process your personal data, either in the capacity of controller or processor and this Notice applies equally to them.
This Privacy Notice is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party.
1. Types of information we collect
We collect and use personal data that concerns you in connection with the agreements with our suppliers. We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Personally identifiable information – This is information you submit directly to Ampt and includes, but is not limited to, data like: name, job title, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number. This information may be submitted online (e.g. web form, email, phone, etc.) or offline (trade shows, business cards, etc.).
- Additional information you provide – This is information that includes interests in Ampt products, product applications, contract or order data, invoices, payments, business partner history, marketing preferences, data concerning the fulfillment of our contractual obligations and pre-contractual measures including marketing activities, correspondence data, offers, tenders , insurance data, records relating to queries/questions/complaints/orders, tracking/analytics data, product usage data, preferences, etc.
- Electronic identification data – This is information collected by the communications systems, IT applications and website browser such as IP address, the source of your site visit, webpage views and time spent on the website or a particular page, links clicked, comments shared, emails opened, browser type, date and time of visit, cookies, digital alias/signature, login credentials.
2. Purposes for using your information
We rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data within the scope of the business relationship with you or your company insofar as this is not overridden by your own privacy interests. We may use your personal data to:
- process and fulfill orders, deliver services, and keep you informed about the status of your or your company’s order.
- provide and administer our products and services.
- process quotation offers and manage the customer relationship.
- provide customer and product support.
- process, evaluate, and respond to requests, inquiries, and applications.
- manage our business operations – including legal compliance and enforcement.
- conduct audits, reviews, and regulatory checks to meet obligations to regulators.
- maintain and protect the security of products, facilities, services, systems, networks, computers, and information.
- detect security threats, fraud, or other criminal or malicious activities.
- manage IT resources, including infrastructure management, data back-up, information systems support and service operations, application management, end user support, testing, maintenance, security (incident response, risk, vulnerability, breach response), user accounts management, software licenses assignment, security and performance testing and business continuity.
- monitor and enforce compliance with our terms, including acceptable use policies.
- act upon your job application. We may disclose your personal data to our agents for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position you applied for, or other available positions.
- develop and improve our products, businesses, and services.
- administer and manage the website.
- understand how visitors are using the features and functions of our website in order to improve the user experience.
- personalize and enrich the information Ampt shares with you so that it is more relevant and of interest to you.
- send you marketing communications by post, telephone, text, email and other digital methods about products and services – such as alerts, promotional materials, newsletters, etc.
- conduct marketing and sales activities which includes generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- communicate with business partners about products, services, and projects of Ampt or business partners, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests.
- manage process quality and insurance management.
- and/or any other purposes for which you provided the information to Ampt.
3. Information sharing
Ampt only shares your personal data with other Ampt subsidiaries or third parties as necessary for the purposes described below.
- Ampt subsidiaries for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
- Ampt business partners, distributors, and agents for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
- Service providers such as IT services, marketing agencies (including , independent agents, payment processors, rating and assessment services, professional and advisory services including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers, bankers, recruiters, travel agents and other advisors or service providers working on Ampt’s behalf for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
- Insolvency administrators or creditors for default and insolvency management
- Potential or actual acquirers of Ampt businesses or assets for the purposes of evaluation of the business or assets in question or for the purposes described in this privacy notice
- Recipients as required by applicable law or legal process, to law enforcement or government authorities, etc. For purposes required by applicable law or a legitimate request by government authorities, or a valid legal requirement.
Note: Some jurisdictions require an option to opt out of the sale of your information. Ampt does not, nor do we intend to, sell your personal data; therefore, an opt-out option is not required.
4. Data protection safeguards
Protecting your personal data is extremely important to Ampt. We treat your personal data with the utmost care and take commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect your personal information when it is transmitted or stored. Please note that no security system is impenetrable and web-based data transmission is subject to security gaps, and therefore full protection from third-party access cannot be guaranteed.
5. How long we keep your personal data
Ampt may keep certain personal data for a minimum period of time based on mandatory legislation. We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice, or until you notify us.
In general, customer related personal data is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and for a minimum period (typically between 5-10 years after the termination of the contract) or for longer period if required by local laws and regulatory requirements.
At the same time, applicable data protection laws require that we do not keep personal data in an identifiable form for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is being processed. Through the setting of IT applications and policies we ensure that our keeping of your personal data is deleted when we no longer need it.
6. Your data privacy rights
Depending on the location of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to:
- Access your data – You are entitled to ask Ampt for an overview of or to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Have your data corrected – You may request immediate correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you.
- Have your data erased – You may request that personal data be erased when it is no longer needed, where applicable law obliges us to delete the data or the processing of it is unlawful.
- Restrict data processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in specific circumstances.
- Data portability – You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, machine-readable format for your own purposes, or to request us to share it with a third party.
- Object to data processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where we rely on our legitimate interests as the basis for our processing, where your data protection rights outweigh our reasoning for legitimate interests.
- Withdraw consent – Where Ampt has asked for your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Please note that the rights described above are not absolute. There may be times when we cannot entirely delete or restrict the processing of your personal data as we may have legal and/or contractual obligations to keep certain personal data.
Direct your data privacy rights requests to Ampt at email@example.com. We do not discriminate against you for exercising any of your personal data rights.
7. External links
Our website, emails, or other digital communications may include links to external websites that are outside of Ampt’s control. We are not responsible for, and this Privacy Notice does not apply to, the privacy practices of those sites or of any companies that we do not control. If you initiate a transaction on a website that is not controlled by Ampt, that transaction becomes subject to the privacy practices of the operator of that linked website. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information. Please refer to the privacy notice on each site to understand their privacy practices.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored temporarily on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. Ampt’s website uses the following types of cookies.
- Strictly necessary – These cookies are necessary for the site to operate. For example, to speed up load times. These do not contain any user identifiable information.
- Analytics and performance – Ampt uses Google Analytics, a web service analysis tool from Google Inc. (“Google”) to monitor and improve the quality of our website. The information about your use of our website is generated by these cookies and transmitted to and saved by Google in the United States. For more information, see “How to manage cookies” below.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can prevent the storage of cookies on your computer by checking “do not accept cookies” under your browser settings. You can also delete cookies in your browser at any time. For details, please see the instructions from your browser provider. You can view our website without cookies; however, not accepting cookies may limit the functionality of our site.
To prevent the collection of the data by Google Analytics, you can download and install a browser plugin from Google (see: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). You can also find more information about Google Analytics privacy on their browser plugin download page.
9. Email list subscriptions
When you subscribe to an Ampt email list, we collect your contact information and consent so we can deliver the relevant news, events, and thought leadership articles that you have expressed an interest in. You can modify your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time anytime using the appropriate links found at the bottom of every email. We do not share our email list with third parties.
10. “Do Not Track” Requests
Some jurisdictions, like California and Delaware, require that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We adhere to the standards in this Privacy Notice and do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
11. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. The most recent version of the Privacy Notice is reflected by the version date located at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. All such updates and amendments are effective immediately upon notice thereof, which we may give by any means, including, but not limited to, by posting a revised version of this Privacy Notice on the Website. If you have subscribed to any one of our email lists, we will send you notifications of changes to this document.
12. How to contact us
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact Ampt.
4850 Innovation Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Date of publication:
October 12, 2021